Now showing items 1-6 of 6
Does Price Have a Payoff? A Comparison of the Traditional NGO Model With the Micro-Consignment Model
Various non-governmental organizations (NGOs) have sought to alleviate the problem of limited access to clean drinking water in Guatemalan villages by providing them with water filters. While traditional NGOs donate filters ...
Through the Lenses of Q’eqchi Maya: (Re)Framing the Story of Development in a Guatemalan Indigenous Community Through Participant-Created Photographs
The question of evaluations of development projects has been widely debated within the field of international development, with scholars and development practitioners calling for increased community-driven evaluations. ...
Making “The Girl Effect” Real: Evaluating Strategies to Help Girls Complete Primary School and Continue onto Secondary School, A Case Study of the Women’s Institute for Secondary Education and Research (WISER) program in the Nyanza Province of Southwestern Kenya
Increasing girls’ education in low-‐income communities is proven to be one of the most effective ways to alleviate global poverty, yet millions of girls around the world still struggle to complete a basic primary school ...
The Puzzle of Mobile Money Markets: An Example of Goldilocks Conditions
This paper investigates the supply-side and demand-side factors that explain the success of mobile money markets. Namely, we argue that there exists a set of Goldilocks conditions that best supports mobile money services. ...
Foreign Aid Allocation and Impact: A Sub-National Analysis of Malawi
This project estimates the first sub-national model of foreign aid allocation and impact. Newly geocoded aid project data from Malawi is used in combination with multiple rounds of living standards data to predict the allocation ...
Water for the Masses: An Analysis Urban Water Distribution Methods in Sub-Saharan Africa
In Sub-Saharan Africa, only 33% of urban residents received water piped into their homes by their city’s central water utility11. The remaining 67% of urban residents rely on small-scale or informal water providers to meet ...